Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's a BOY!

So I have to tell you all about the TOTAL SHOCK that I got tonight. (just to clarify... no I am NOT pregnant nor announcing any such thing....lol)

Our dear sweet daughter Amalyssa goes to pre-k now, and they have this wonderful thing called 'show and tell'. Since we don't have cable this is Amalyssa's way of getting 'inspiration' for new toys she HAS to have. One girl brought a baby doll that Amalyssa wanted REALLY BAD. Dad and I decided it was time to teach her how to EARN something she wants. So we set up rules and when she reached a certain goal we would go buy her the baby. Well tonight was the BIG NIGHT! She met the final goal and had earned her baby. I took her to the closest store since it was later in the night and had no intention of 'shopping around' for the baby tonight. When we got to the store they had the doll she wanted in two variety's. A black baby in a pink shirt and a white baby in a blue shirt. I had really hoped for the white baby in the pink shirt but of course they were all gone. So I let her make a choice between the two they had (because I was NOT going 'searching' for this doll on a Saturday night in SLC!) She chose the blue doll.... obviously meant to be a boy... but of course she said it was a girl. Not a problem.... or so I though.

We get home and get the doll out of the package and start playing with it. Well the baby is one that 'drinks' and then 'wets' it's diaper. So naturally Amalyssa takes the diaper off..... AND WHAT A SHOCK MOM GOT!!!!! Apparently this doll is anatomically correct!!!!! EEEKKKK..... very much NOT a girl!!! (it's not very graphic but you can tell this is not a unisex doll) Since WHEN are dolls anatomically correct!?? It totally wigged me out!! LOL. I searched the box and sure enough on the front in LITTLE LETTERS is said the doll was anatomically correct..... I now have a greater respect for the term "read the fine print"!!!!!

After debating with dad... trying to get Amalyssa to let us take it back and get a girl one... and discussing the situation for quite a while.... we decided to let her keep the boy baby... but she HAD to call it a boy... (she kept saying "I will just pretend it is a girl") She agreed to call it a boy so we let her keep the doll. {If you are offended by our parenting choice then I am sorry.... but it was our choice..LOL}
Since we decided to let her keep the boy doll we let her give it a drink and let him 'do his thing' LOL. Farly quickly after 'finishing' the bottle the baby starts to cry and fuss... telling you the diaper is 'full', so Amalyssa takes the diaper off and gets a BLAST of water squirted right at her!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Apparently the baby wasn't 'done'. Man that thing has some power behind it!!!!! We were all in hysterics over it and Amalyssa thinks it is the best thing she has ever had! LOL (though she is VERY CAREFUL now when she changes the diaper and tells the baby "you won't trick me again!" ROTFL!)

So without further adieu here is our new family member 'Barry'... 'Blue Barry' to be exact (Amalyssa's name choice! LOL)

5 comments:

Teriann said...

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. That was the best story - welcome to the family Barry :)

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

ha ha...it's good that you confirmed you weren't announcing anything serious directly after your title because I just about fell off my seat. no joke. congrats on another someone to go potty in the house! ;)

LouCeeCreations said...

Oh so funny girl lol!

Mel said...

OMG...I'm wetting my self here!! That is too funny and the visual I now have in my head....HAHAHAHAHA!!

Karli said...

That's too funny!! Well at least she won't be surprised when she has her first little boy. =)