Friday, August 22, 2008

Are you TACKY enough!????

Did I wait long enough to post this!?? It has been almost a week since the party! Just trying to be Tacky still!! LOL (or I've been sick all week and didn't care to post anything... your pick)

Tacky Party definition:
a HILARIOUS party thrown by the only one who could... Scotts grandma.
Come and be as tacky as you can be with your family around to witness the laughs.

I have to tell you that I TOTALLY LOVE Scotts grandma! She is SO SO FUNNY!!!!! She throws the BEST parties!!! The Tacky Party is kind of a family tradition for them. This is maybe the 3rd or 4th one they have had. My first time coming though! I LOVED IT!!! G-ma had the whole place decorated AWFUL! picture a classic beautiful spotless home... with fly paper hanging around the Steinway! She even went to the police station and got some police line tape from them!! she had it across the door with a body sketch in the drive way!!! Along with the random elements left haphazardly around her lawn (hose, lawn mower, and several pink flamingos!) The tables were great too! Lined with news paper and centerpices of beer bottles with fake flowers shoved in them! (this at an all LDS family party no less!!! She got them from a neighbor!) LOL Here is a page I did with pictures from the party! I will post some individual ones so you can see them a little better. G-ma is the one in the LO with the 'long hair'.



Here is my favorite costume of the evening. Every time I saw her I would just bust out in laughter!!! She even had toilet paper stuck to her shoe!!! HAHA!




Here is the whole motley crew! What a fun bunch of nuts!



There was a peanut spitting contest. Both of my boys put in a good show. Scott almost got the farthest.... (except for that Jack and Artur... they just HAD to spit the peanuts into G-ma's garden!!) Braden 'won' for spitting the most peanuts I think. He was putting them in and spitting them out as fast as a baseball pitching machine! We had to keep them coming or he would go the the ones in the grass for a second try! lol



And of course the costume you have all been waiting to see.... the lovely.....incredible..... amazingly beautiful..... me



And last but not least... the dessert I brought...



Yes it really is a dessert....Kitty Litter Cake! Now for the really tacky ending to my story... There was SO MUCH of my cake left over... (it is 2 box cakes layered with pudding and cookie crumbs on top) Scott and I had a dinner party on Monday night with friends.... (at lease I hope they will still be our friends when they read this....)I took the 'turds' off the cake (tootsie rolls) and dumped it into a fancy bowl... added some chocolate chips and a bit more pudding on the top... called it trifle.... HAHAHA! HOW TACKY AM I! They loved the fancy dessert though!! HEHE.... gratefully Amalyssa didn't recognize the cake anymore either... or she would have told my secret for sure (while they where happily eating it)!!!

Well... there you have it! The Tacky Party report!! Hope you got a little chuckle at least!

4 comments:

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

Sorry you've been sick! that's too bad. love the montage page, cute cute! can you send me any pics of corban, jack and I that you have? since we forgot the stinkin camera...??? thanks hun! If they won't fit in a hotmail file, you could send them to my moms address if you've got it

Meghan said...

Kitty Litter Cake?? You have got to be kidding me! You are so sneaky! I love it! I laughed so hard when I read that because it's something I would do!

Marie said...

That looks like SO much fun, I am a bit jealous! I want to have a tacky party!

Laura said...

I must admit, I've never heard of a 'tacky party' before, but I must say, the idea is tempting! Although it sounds too much like the rednecks around here ...