Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

Today I am doing a special post for a special person in my life

My MOM! Today is my mothers birthday so I thought I would tell you all how much I love her! There is so much I could say about my wonderful mother. As life swirls around me and the waves of trial toss me around I know I can always count on my mother to be there. Like a rock she has been my foundation so many times. I am so lucky that I can count my mother among my best friends.

Thank you mom, Thank you for all those hundreds of nights you sat on my bed talking with me for hours. Thank you for the magazine you left on my pillow just when I needed words of comfort. Thank for putting up with my child hood misadventures such as love day, soft shoe dancing in the laundry soap, playing barber on my cousins, and the cereal mountain in the middle of the room. I always knew that I was loved. Never have I doubted that. Your hugs and kisses every time we parted stay with me still. You took care of me when I was sick, and put up with me when I was annoying. Your love and our friendship stays strong even thought the distance between us is larger than it once was. You gave me your love for the gospel, photography, nature, and so much more. You have guided me into womanhood... and graciously let me grow into a family of my own. My prayer is that I can be half the mother to my children that you always have been, and continue to be, to me. I love you dearly mother and thank my Heavenly Father for sending me to your heart and home on this earth.
Happy Birthday Mom!



I LOVE YOU MOM!

thought I would also tell you all about my lovely daughter whom I love.... and who got the chicken pox this week! Tuesday after I went to the doctor because I had an ear infection we got home and Amalyssa had a little spot that she said was bothering her. Looked like a little bug bite so I didn't think much about it. When we put her into her PJ's later that night I found another suspicious spot on her tummy..... hmmmm..... I asked her to turn around... and this is what I saw....



What was the first thing I did? Called MY mother for advice, of course!!!! After a warm bath we put her to bed to await the dawn and surely more spots. When she woke up... there were no new spots! And the old ones were already getting better!! WHAT???? So I called the doctor and found out that since she is up to date on her vaccines she is getting off pretty easy! I LOVE modern medicine!!! Turns out that with the chicken pox vaccine about 20% of children still get the illness but it is really mild and short lived. Uh.... one day.... 10 pox.... Yeah I GUESS it is mild!!! Me I had them EVERYWHERE..... Just ask my mother who took care of me! Braden is up on his shots to so he hasn't gotten any pox yet. Let's hope it stays that way! The lucky thing is that she just went off track for school... so she didn't miss ANY school! WOOT! Heavenly Father is watching out for me!

One last birthday cheer before I log off for the day. This is the birthday bash week in my family! So........................
Happy birthday MARIE!
Happy birthday RHEA!
Happy birthday ANNA!
Happy birthday ADAM!

HUGS And LOVE to all!!

No comments: