I have a phone horror story for you! Halloween just seems like the perfect day to post about it!
Prologue (Back ground info on the story)
So I have been trying to sell my baby grand piano, as some of you may know. We had a guy say he wanted to buy it and gave us a check with the understanding he would give us cash instead when he came to pick it up. Well it has been two weeks and we have heard NOTHING from him! We even tried to call him and the number is dis-connected. We did have a 'back up plan' though. There was another person who was really interested in the piano. When we sold it this second gentleman said to keep his number and if the deal fell through to give him a call. We will call this man BOB.
Chapter 1...
I gave BOB a call on Thursday (yesterday) morning. I let him know who I was and what I was calling for. BOB was very excited that he was going to get a chance at the piano. He told me he needed a minute to find a pen and paper so he could write down directions to our house. No big deal.. right? After a bit BOB has apparently had no luck getting to a pad and pen. He then tells me the following
"You caught me as I was getting out of the shower. My house is set up in such a way that there are lots of windows and my neighbors will see me if I try to streak to where the pen and paper are."
HELLO!!???? I DO NOT want to know that you are NAKED!!!!!!
So I am on the phone.... a bit stunned... not knowing whether to laugh out loud or vomit... and holding the phone out from my ear a little farther. I tell him.... some what stuttering
"Well... if you need to call me back in a minute that would be just fine..... " Translation- "I don't like talking to NAKED guys!!!!"
He THEN says "No it is fine I have a robe right here... ah... there we go.. now I can go get the pen and paper!"
EEEEKKK!! I am just scrunching my eyes shut at this point in time thinking "I don't need the play by play!!!!" UGH. So yeah... interesting experience.... to say the least. Then there is the slight detail that he is now coming to my HOUSE to see my PIANO!
The End-
BOB shows up tonight to see the piano. BOB IS FAT!!!!!!! EEEEWWWW. He is old and fat!!!! YUCK!!! Like so fat he is almost round and walks with his hands poking straight out the sides. Now I know I will DEFINITELY have nightmares tonight!!!
..............................................................................................
Tomorrow I will try to post picts of my cute little trick or treaters and tell you about the LARGE treat that dad and I got while out trick or treating! But for tonight enjoy my horror story and don't have bad dreams!!
Fireworks
7 years ago
5 comments:
wow! that is scary.
Hahaha! This is great! I will keep my comment at that, I've already told you the rest! LOL!!!
Hi, my name is BOB. I'm coming to get your piano.
ROTFL!! OMG girlfriend! I was trying to scratch my eyes out just reading this! Ewwwwwwwwww! *gag gag gag*
OH-OH-OH! What if he finds your blog!
LOL!!!!!!!!
*watches Tina pack her bags and order plane tickets*
:D
That is why I re-named him BOB... I can always say I don't know what he is talking about right!???
ha ha that is definitely the worst phone ettiquite (sp?) ever! or lack there of I guess. And definitely terrifying.
Post a Comment