Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kid bit's

I remembered my stories!! The kids were so accommodating today as to give me several new ones to share too!

Braden's fix it solution-
We have old kitchen cabinets. They don't all shut properly. One of them was bothering Braden the other day. He would try to shut it but it would just creak back open. After several failed attempts to close the cabinet he looked at me and said "Mom, it's broken!" I said "I know sweetie" He suddenly lit up and said "I KNOW!!!! DUCT TAPE!!!!"
Should I be worried that my 3 yr old knows the duct tape solution??


Scapegoat-
Scott fixed the trap under our bathroom sink on Saturday. I had been meaning to empty and rearrange all the stuff under the sink anyway so I told him just to pile it all up outside the door and leave it for me to clean up later. After the fix it job was done and the mess remained Braden wandered upstairs from his movie that he had been watching the whole time dad was playing plumber. Braden saw the mess and exclaimed "WHAT A MESS!" I chuckled and explained in mock surprise "Oh my word! Who do you think made such a mess!??" He darkly replied with accusing eyes "Sister......"

Alphabet doctor-
Amalyssa was looking at the calendar this morning and noticed that I had a doctors appt. She turned to me and asked "Do you have to say the whole alphabet before you can get in to see the doctor?" I was totally confused and asked her why she would think I had to say the alphabet to see my doctor. She responded "because it says Dr. Z." - My doctors name is Dr Zimmerman- Suddenly it all made humorous sense.

"Put it back!"
I found a large rock in Amalyssas backpack this morning. I pulled it out and asked "Why do you have such a large rock in your backpack?" She quickly responded in somewhat of a panic "Put it back!!! It keeps me from blowing away in the wind!!"

"MY COOKIE!"
This morning Braden and I jumped in the car to run errands. I had grabbed a chocolate chip cookie for each of us. Just seconds after getting on the road Braden exclaimed "My cookie!?" I asked "Uh oh... did it fall on the floor?" He then said with sudden realization and a giggle "OH..... Me ate it."


Ahh there are times I love to be a mother.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Ha ha ha ha! Does the wind blow that hard? Your kids make me laugh!

Laura said...

What funny kids! Those last two really made me crack up laughing. And I must say, in regards to your other post, I totally hear you on the "Is this OK?" thing. So true! Thanks for putting it into words and seeing the irony. :-)

sweets said...

Oh my! I love that. It's great being a mom with funny kids.

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

HAHAHA. Love-it!