Sunday, April 11, 2010

This N That

I suppose it is time to give a bitty blog update. I haven't been in the mood to blog much lately. Funny how it comes and goes. Anyway... I am not sure I am much in the mood to blog now, but I can't think of anything better to do and I am not ready to go to bed yet.... so I will blog. :)

This is Amalyssa helping me plant all of our little seedlings. (since it is STILL SNOWING in APRIL we finally decided to start them indoors.)


This is how Braden helped in the planting process. Drawing 'mazes' in the dirt!

Remember what I said about snow in April? This picture is for you Marie - This is April 1st. Nice April fools joke eh!?


This was the real April fools joke 'someone' played on us. I went to the grocery store and came home to find a 'for sale' sign in my living room window!! I kinda freaked out wondering what was going on untill I went to look at it and saw the title 'April Fools', then I laughed and laughed. I found out later it was a few of the Young Women (whom I had suspected all along... I had just suspected the WRONG young women) and a LEADER!!! That silly Sister Sprague. She is a hoot!

Look at all the pretty Easter eggs we died. One fell and broke beyond bandaging so Braden wanted to eat it... then Amalyssa had to have one of course.... so two of the died eggs never even made it to the end of egg dying.


Aren't these the funnest eggs ever! I think this is my new most favorite Easter egg kit!

That is until I closed the carton and one was STARING AT ME! I found it hard to stuff them in the fridge and later eat them.....

This is how many eggs the kids had found before they could roll mom and dad out of bed! Good thing the Easter Bunny set an EARLY alarm!

These are the kids in their Easter outfits. I wasn't going to get any this year since the kids are both fully stocked on Sunday attire.... but then I passed this CUTE blue number for Braden and I just COULDN'T pass it up! Then of course to be fair I had to get something for Amalyssa. I am not happy with the pictures I got of the kids together and just Amalyssa - we were cold and it was windy and conference was starting so we did it in a hurry. I will be scheduling re-shoots soon.

Amalyssa's individual shot isn't too bad I suppose... but her hair wasn't really done.

Now Braden on the other hand... his turned out ADORABLE! That is just MY opinion of course! :)


If you have made it this far into my blog post then CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU! You are a true friend. :) I will reward you with a couple of funnies.

Amalyssa was taking a bath and kept calling me in to help her with various things. On one such trip in to help her she asked "Mom, when I call you to come help me... can I just yell 'MAID!'?" Um.... not a chance.....

Amalyssa asked me one day out of the blue
"Mom, do you think you and dad are dummies?"
"Uh... what did you just ask?"
"Do you think you and dad are dummies??" completely serious I might add
"No..... I don't like to think that mom and dad are dummies? Why do you ask?"
"Cus you keep buying these books for dummies!!"
-as a side note we only bought two and they were for Scott's work and completely un-helpful-





Well I think that is all my catching up for at least a week or so. Who knows, maybe the urge to blog will strike again in the near future and I will tell you all about my dear husbands upcoming major surgery.... then again.... maybe not!

BYE ALL!

1 comment:

Jdawgmcneill said...

Sometimes we feel like maids don't we. Thanks for the stories and the pictures they are great