Sunday, June 27, 2010

Arizon or bust!

So before I start.... I must make an observation... I find it interesting that the people who 'politely request' that I update my blog more often are NOT blog writers themselves..... hmmm..... I wonder why that is!????

Ok- now to get on with the fun stuff! So June has been a fun month! here it is in pictures!!

Amalyssa had her last day of first grade on June 4th and then we jumped in the van and headed for VEGAS! It was suppose to be a 6 hour drive.... 12 hours later we FINALLY arrived at our hotel. Being stuck on the freeway for 3 1/2 hours in the middle of the night is not how I recommend starting a trip! At least the motor home people let us use their bathroom!!! We crashed a few hours in our room at Circus Circus then spent some time at the midway games in the morning before heading out for Phoenix AZ!


Braden has a thing for sitting on the 'heaters' in hotel rooms.
(in this case it was blowing cold air)

Sunday evening we had the wonderful chance to see this little Q-T Baptized!!!


On Monday Scott got on a plane headed for NY while the kids and I moved out of the hotel room and into Marie's apartment. We took a boat tour with mom, grandma and dad. It was really fun and beautiful! (beautiful in a 'nothing but cactus's' kind of way)


Durning the week Rebekah was taking care of the class pet Mazie.
Meet Mazie!


We all got to hold her! I ALMOST want a pet snake now! It was actually really awesome!


At this point in the trip days and events start to blur a little..... So I will share a few more picts and tidbits in no particular order.

Marie and I took the kids to 'Desert Botanical Gardens'. Well actually just to the gift shop! LOL. There we tortured the kids AND the shop keepers while we meticulously combed the place for things that were actually made in AZ. (Unlike the AZ key chains which were ALL maid in China!) Seeing the gardens would have been nice.... but not T$H$A$T nice!
They did have some cool glass art out in front! You can read more about it on their site.


My son... just being himself....


Then we shot over to this cool place called 'Hole in the Rock' You hike up and see the city through a hole in the rock! (I wonder where they came up with the name???) Thankfully we lucked out and the weather was a cool 85 deg with a breeze! AMAZING for Phoenix in the summer!!!!



Marie asked me if I thought the AZ terrain was beautiful. My answer is.... Yes... Kinda. It is beautiful in its own sort of 'lonely desert wasteland' kind of way. But I do have to say that I think Cactus skeletons are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

We had a lot of fun spending the week with Marie and her girls and will definitely visit again sometime (thought most likely NOT in the summer again!). Swimming at the pool, eating frozen yogurt in the evening, the Primary Talent Show, all the fun things we enjoyed in AZ will be remembered for a long time to come!

I am almost all out of pictures and stories so I will share just a few more tid bits with you before I part.

My favorite Piper sayings from the trip - (this girl is a CRACK UP!)

Said while begging desperately for candy at the check out line "I PROMISE NOT TO SWALLOW IT!!!!!"

Said while being given a drink from a used water bottle "I don't want to drink BRADEN'S spit! I want to drink my OWN spit!

And lastly - heard while taking a picture of piper at Goodwill sitting on a geriatric potty seat "PPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" -sorry the picture is on my phone or I would share it-

Funniest/most embarrassing moment -
Beware the first stall!!!! - that is all you are getting unless you ask me in person or flood this post with comments!!! :)

And my final thought I will share with you is this -
NEVER get in between Marie and her Rootbeer Float Cookies!!!!!!!

All in all is was a FANTASTIC 2 week trip! I AM glad to be home, but sharing time with Marie and her girls was a fun way to spend a good chunk of our summer! THANKS SMITHS!!!!!

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Maybe those of us that like to read blogs, aren't smart enough to write them. I suffer just making my comments. Your trip sounded fun. It is always fun to get away from the everyday humdrum world.

sweets said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Laura said...

What fun! Except for the snake part. *shudder* I HATE snakes and I'm going to be one of those moms that screams when her son walks into the house with one. I do NOT look forward to that day! You are one brave mommmy!