Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ramblings of the brainless..... oh, and NYC!

WHY am I kissing Robert Pattinson you may ask!??? Because NYC is the place where dreams come true. Read on!!!!



Once again I find myself in the blogging dilemma of TOO MUCH TO SAY! This summer has been a whirlwind of amazing vacations and fun with friends. I have about a bazillion pictures I want to post up here and I want to record every fun memory. However, that would take me about a week to accomplish and nobody would EVER read it (not even me!) because it would be too long!! So here is the question..... do I just sum it all up and leave out half the great stories and pictures? Do I start with the oldest event and do a post about each by itself - in which case I will NEVER get caught up AND no one will see all the separate posts. Do I just blog the most recent and leave the rest to be forgotten by my old age brain!???? *sigh* such hard decisions in life!!!!

(one hour later after editing photos)

So I have decided to start with the most recent and work backwards..... until I get sick of it and then the rest will just be history! lol So here we come NYC!!!!

Scott's company is based in NYC. They are an awesome company and really believe in team building! Once a year they fly all the SLC employees to NY for a few days of team activities and then a big company party! The wives are all invited to come and play (sadly they only pay for the employees.... but I still get a few free meals on the company!) So we left the kids with their grandma and ran away to NYC for a few days!!! Here is some of what we did!

We flew into NYC on Wed. On Thursday the employees all have meetings.... so when the hubbys are away.... the wives will play!!!!! Yep.... 8 women out on 5th avenue spending every last dime in our pocket books! SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

Meet Kris- she is my new BFF!!! (Braden says you aren't really friends until you are BFF's)
I hung out with Kris two years ago on the NY trip and found her absolutely the loveliest person ever! This year we REALLY bonded!!! We already have plans to hang out... oh yea... bff's for sure!!! lol - No really, I do love Kris, she is the bubbly, energetic, proud to be who she is, type of person that we all want to be! This lady can talk me into ANYTHING!

This is us in the swanky swarovski crystal store. the sales ladies were SO NICE! They offered to take our picture even when they knew we had no money to buy their lovely items! (some places are not so nice.... story to follow shortly)

Yes.... she can even talk me into 'posing' by the playboy sign ON FIFTH AVENUE while HUNDREDS of people are walking by..... Yeah....... I had a guy tell me "Work it!" good thing he looked normal and had a girl on his arm so I wasn't scared!

So two years ago Kris talked me into going in Versaci. We felt like TOTAL TOURISTS! We left soon after I asked how much a scarf was..... 350$ was a BIT more than I wanted to pay for a scarf.... so we made a quick exit. THIS year I told Kris I was NOT going into Versaci or any other swanky stores I would feel like a hick in! Not so...... not so...... She talked me into entering Bergdorf Goodman. I didn't KNOW what Bergdorf Goodman was..... lets just say.... SWANKY! The sales people didn't even LOOK at us when we walked in. I am pretty sure they were having a good laugh after we left though!!!! We entered the store and I spotted a pretty black clutch. I wanted one to go with my dress for 'Wicked' so I picked it up... made a shabby guess at the price... then looked at the price tag. Kris literally RAN INTO the 75% off sign in the middle of the floor trying to exit the store. 895$ was a little more than I wanted to pay for a CLUTCH!!!!!!


After shopping the ladies all went to 'Serendipity 3' for lunch! Such a FUN FUN FUN place to eat! Make sure you have a reservation though or you will be waiting for hours in the HOT NY sun to get a table!!!!

Later that night after a nice dinner with all the SLC employees Scott took me out for one of my birthday presents! Two years ago I wanted to get a caricature done, but it just never materialized. This year I REALLY wanted to make sure we got one! Since this trip fell right in between Scott and my 30th birthdays I wanted it to have some reference to that. We found this great lady who did a really awesome job for us! (ok so she drew me with an immodest dress and a drink in my hand... somehow asking for a modest caricature seemed a little silly!)
Take a good look at how she drew my face.... I personally am creeped out by how totally good it is!!! Good thing she drew my body better looking than reality!!!
I actually didn't take ANY pictures on Friday!! Crazy hu! I slept in and then met the other wives for another nice lunch. I just have to say.... I TOOK THE SUBWAY ALL BY MYSELF!!!!! Yep.... I am a true New Yorker now! After lunch I headed back to the hotel to get ready for the company party that evening. It was a really nice party with great food! Sadly I was not one of the winners of the 4 Ipads they raffled away at the end of the night. ah well..... at least I got my caricature right?

Saturday was a bit of a bust. Scott and I had a great plan for the day. We started by visiting the Apple store. No not big red juicy ones.... expensive silver computer ones!

Yes this was Scott's activity choice... but I did enjoy it none the less. Look at how cool this store front is!!! You go down a glass stair case into this cave of electric geekdom! We actually met one of his co-workers in there and he called it "The Nerd Temple" I thought it was fitting! But I did get a SWEET picture of the store front (at least I think it is cool!)


The Plaza hotel is reflected in the glass front. I think it is a spiffy shot. After the apple store we TRIED to go to Serendipity 3 for lunch. They have a crazy fun and yummy menu so I wanted Scott to experience it, but it is a bit of a girly haven so I don't expect him to try it out on his own while he is in NY. However I had this great idea much to late to actually get a reservation and neither of us wanted to wait in the scorching sun for an hour or so to get a table. We then TRIED to take the subway over to the Natural History museum. After an hour and a half or so of being confused and drug all over the city in the hot and sweaty subway tunnels we FINALLY made it to the museum only to discover a GIGANTIC line for tickets.... We got a cab and went back to the hotel. lol.

Saturday evening was the HIGHLIGHT of the trip!!! Scott took me to a sweet little Italian place for a romantic dinner and then we went to see 'Wicked' on Broadway!!!!! WOW WOW WOW and WOW!!!! Can I just say..... AMAZING!!!! I LOVED every single minute of the play!!! WOW!!!!! Elphaba is my new hero!!!! WOW what a night..... WOW. Have I said WOW!!! It hardly covers the subject!!! WOW~

So Scott is so sweet and he let my buy a new dress just for my 'Broadway debut' Wasn't that SWEET!!!! Who knew that it is now common to wear JEANS to a Broadway play! POOOH! I say DRESS UP BABY!!!! Here are some picts of me in my fancy new dress!!! Sadly I can't take my own picture so I am not overly thrilled with how they turned out.... but you get the basic idea. Lets just say I was GORGEOUS!!! lol

Notice the awesome flower pin I am wearing!???? Here is a shout out to my girl Kieran! She created this lovely pin for me! If you want one I can get you in touch with this talented lady!

So back to my picture with Robert Pattinson! That picture was SPECIFICALLY for Kieran! He was SO NICE to just let me maul him for some picture! He didn't even say anything.... or move for that matter..... maybe because he was made of wax.... but still!!!!

On Sunday Scott and I had a LATE LATE LATE flight and of course an early check out time from the hotel. So we decided Madame Tussauds wax museum sounded like a fun (and air conditioned) place to kill some time! We had quite a bit of fun! Scott TOLD me to kiss Rob!!! REALLY HE DID!!!! Speaking of Rob... here is a tid bit I have been meaning to post for a while

Scary eh!!!! Maybe Braden will be rich and loved by millions some day!!! For now I will just enjoy his 'after bath hair'.

Back to the museum.
Truthfully my star struck crush is on this hottie! *sigh* I don't think I would look so confident standing next to him in person!


You really needed a 10 second video of this one to get the full effect. Brittany's chest was heaving..... really......

Scott wouldn't pose next to any of the sexy women..... hmm...... does that make me a bad wife for kissing the hot men???

Tina Turner and Tina Sudweeks - live in concert!!! Well.... I was live... she was wax.

So after a fun filled weekend in NYC Scott and I boarded the plane and headed home! Grandma Becky was sweet enough to bring the kids home and put them to bed so that Amalyssa could start school the next morning.

Yep.... Second Grade!!!!! When did she grow up??? Notice anything NEW? Amalyssa is THRILLED to be the owner of glasses! I have a hard time because I remember how excited I was when I first got glasses! Now I know the reality of them. Ah well.... she looks adorable in them anyway, don't you think!?


I for one am relieved to see the end of my summer. I have had a BLAST but I am SO WORN OUT.... I am ready for some NORMAL life! I will probably leave this post for a few days and then try to post a few other summer events before my memory is totally lost. But for now I think this novel is sufficiently long! (it only took me 2 1/2 hours to get together! That is WAY better than I expected!!!)

6 comments:

sweets said...

so much fun!

Katie said...

I agree Kris is awesome. She is in my parent's ward in Magna and I have to say she is a ball of fire. I'm glad you had a great time in New York.

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

cute cute! glad you had so much fun :) glad to have you back in town

Laura said...

What FUN pictures! I'm glad you were able to go and have a get-a-way. And you are one hot mama! Love the blue dress!! And don't you just LOVE Wicked?!?!? I saw it in Denver a few years ago and I can't wait to see it again. Such an AMAZING story. It totally changed my perspective of the normal story! And I'm glad you have a friend to hang out with when you go. What a great company Scott must be working for. And I can't believe how grown up Amalyssa is! Sheesh! I still remember her in her "pretty dresses" at church when she was just a tike. Not to mention Braden. Man, time flies!

kieran said...

thanks Tina for the shout out, and so jealious you got to kiss Rob. I must say though that Johnny D. is a much better verion than Rob to himself.
Loved seeing you in your dress, you are one hot mama!!! And I'm glad you loved Wicked. I of coarse have never seen it, but I do own the soundtrack and I love it. It gives me chills everytime I listen to it.

Romy said...

NYC is really a fun place. It's neat that you were able to go. Sounds like you had lots of fun during your visit.