Monday, June 6, 2011

Deffinition of humor : Kids

I said I would try and do smaller posts more often so here goes!

Amalyssa graduated 2nd grade last week and brought home a book they had made through the year. At the end of the book was a page of common sayings and idioms. They started the saying and then left a blank for the kids to fill in. So it would look like "You can't teach an old dog new _____". Amalyssa had that one right but I found myself laughing hysterically at some of the blanks she had filled in and thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites with you!! The words in italics will be her ending to the saying

"Don't change horses ... ever."

"Don't bite the hand that .... hurts."

"No news ... for you!"

"If you lie down with dogs you'll ... be licked."

"An idle mind is ... tough."

"A penny saved is .... lucky!"

"Two's company three's ... a party!" (this is my new motto!)

and my personal favorite!

"Better late ... than on time!"

HAHA... I still laugh when I read them! I sure love how creative that girl is!

And for Grandma B I am posting a video! We took Grandma B and Grandpa D out to dinner at Tucano's for a birthday celebration on Saturday and Braden was eating with the meat tongs again! (Tucanos is a Brazilian grill and they bring meats around for you to sample. Everyone has a set of meat tongs to pick up their samples with.) It reminded me of a few years ago when we took my mom to that restaurant and Braden ate his cheesecake with his tongs. Mom took this video of him and I still laugh when I see it!

IT WAS REALLY GOOD CHEESECAKE!!!