What a CRAZY summer I had!!! I think that was my busiest summer to date!! As much as I LOVE going on so many wonderful trips I think next year I am going to have to say no to a few. (except Lake Powell... because it is already planned and I LOVE Lake Powell!!!)
So here is my summer in review! I am going for readers digest version here so I am limiting myself to ONE picture per trip.... (that will be HARD)... and a short paragraph about each event!!
The first trip I have already written about. That would be our fun adventure to Island Park. It was the large family reunion on Scott's side. It was a GREAT couple of days in a lovely cabin with a hot tub and 4 wheelers!! Sure I fell off a horse and almost died.... but at least I would have died happy!!!!! :)

Next came.... uh.... er... hold on while I get my calendar... that was a while ago!!!!
GOT IT! thanks for waiting! ;)
Next was my FAVORITE trip of the summer!!! The kids went to DISNEY WORLD!!!! Yep..just the kids! Scott and I went to LAS VEGAS!!!!!

So this year Scott and I hit 10 years of marriage! We wanted to celebrate by doing something special! We asked Becky and Dwayne to take the kids for a week and they decided it would be fun for them to go to Florida for a week! Turns out... IT WAS!!! The kids had a great trip and so did we!! THANK YOU BECKY AND DWAYNE!!!! (best in-laws EVER!)
So while the kids were hanging with Micky, Scott and I drove on over to Vegas! We stayed in a LOVELY time share (also thanks to Dwayne!) And crammed as much into our few days as we could! Shopping, shows every night, and sight seeing. The two highlights of the trip were Blue Man Group and dinner at the top of the Stratosphere! BOTH AMAZING EXPERIENCES!!!! Of course I was just healing from my fall off a horse when I slipped in the shower and totally bruised up the same ankle!! Wouldn't you know the mark that has become a permanent scar on my leg was from this fall and not off the horse!!!
As for the kids... not sure what they did, but they sure had fun!!! LOL I think they spent most of their time in the Hotel pool!! Since this was cheaper than Disney World or other theme parks my in-laws were happy to oblige!
(whew that was close!!!! my computer just hiccuped and I thought I lost all of this!!!! thank goodness for auto save!!!)
After a week of 'recovery' and Scott's b-day the kids and I were off on the road again.
We went to the reunion for my family! (July 11-15) It was at this great little group spot in Box Elder Campground. We did all the fun camping stuff like coating ourselves in bug spray, playing in the creek, roasting hotdogs, swimming in the local reservoir, and pulling ancient car parts out of the rubble on the mountain side!! ... what? not everyone pulls car parts off the mountain side?? Well you are really missing out!!!

Next came the 'first annual Idaho friends retreat!' (July 23rd) My good buddies from highschool and college decided it had been too long since we had gotten together (and it had!) We started with a family BBQ where we all brought the hubbys and kids and even invited brothers sister and parents to come (even though only my mom and grandma came... but they were the group parents anyway since most events were at my house back in the day) I snuck away from the BBQ a little early for selfish reasons. I REALLY wanted to go boating this year and give the kids that opportunity so we took off to the lake with Dwayne. Getting them behind the boat took a little convincing but once they tried it they were hooked!!!! Amalyssa is officially a water baby just like me! Once again I snuck out early so I could get back in town for the rest of the 'retreat' For the evening activities 'the gang' ditched the kids and hubbys for a ladies night out at our old hang Johnny B's!! IT WAS SO FUN!! We sat and chatted and laughed for hours!! We reluctantly left when they started counting out the register at 11:30! lol.
Next was GIRLS CAMP!!! (Aug 2-5) Oh how I was looking forward to this!! I LOVE YOUNG WOMENS!!! Seriously I am never leaving this calling! This is the first year that I was going to be able to attend all of GC. Becky was SO AWESOME as to take the kids for ANOTHER week! (not to Florida this time though, lol) It was ward camp this year so it was our girls and leaders up in the woods! SO MUCH FUN! Until everyone got the flu that is!!! Yep... 1/3 of the camp got a MAJOR nasty tummy bug... including me!!! I drove myself home early from camp so I could puke in my own toilet. It was a memorable camp, that's for sure!!! Did I mention we went boating?!!! Before everyone got sick of course thank goodness.

Then what did I do.... PASSED OUT!!! lol. ok not really. We spent the rest of the month getting ready for school and Amalyssas baptism. These were each major tasks and undertakings in their own right but I won't go into it now. Right now I am going to post this sucker to get my sister off my back!
Hope you all had a wonderful summer too!!!!
4 comments:
What?! I already commented here two days ago, so where is my comment?? Anyway.... awesome pictures! Next summer, take me with you. haha. =)
So fun! I love your dad in the water.
Lol, is that me plummeting sideways into the water? Because that is awesome!
lol.... it might be ;) I only used the photo because the 2nd person can remain anonymous! lol... that and it is my FAVORITE photo from camp!
Post a Comment