Tuesday, August 28, 2012

School Dayz

I just never know what to write.... and then when I do write I seem to yammer on forever. And posting pictures causes me stress too! See I'm a photographer so any pictures I post are a direct reflection of my skills! I have to edit, re-size, and perfect them for posting... and this takes time and effort!  Yes- I am a terrible blogger.  Get over it! ;D



School started last Wed (Aug 22nd).  Like a good mom I walked my kids to their classes then went back to my parked car and cried did a little party dance!  Ya- I feel bad that I am not all sappy and sad when they go back to school. It kinda makes me feel like a bad mom. But the reality is that I am trying to suppress my excitement at the prospect of being home or going shopping without them!


This year was a little different. I did ALMOST sorta think about getting misty eyed maybe once or twice in the weeks leading up to school.  Amalyssa started 4th grade this year. It dawned on me that in 3 years she will be starting Jr High (FREAK OUT MOMENT!)



Braden started 1st grade this year. His first year going all day. That honestly did freak me out A LOT. I had a mild mid life crisis half way through the summer in which I was convinced that I needed a dog to keep me company when my children went to school. This was mostly BIZARRE because I have been counting down to this day for YEARS! (No really- I have been - sad I know) Also I have NEVER wanted a dog. Not even a little. Suddenly I was freaking out that I needed one NOW! If I am being honest I am still sorta suffering from this doggie desire but I am trying hard to move on (Scott is ADAMANTLY against having a dog or we would have one by now. I can't seem to change his mind or change mine. It's a work in progress)

 (Braden is such a ham. He is winking at me with a cheeky grin)

Both of the kids have been excited for school to start but a little apprehensive at the same time. It's Amalyssa's first year at this school and she was really concerned about making friends. (She didn't get in from the lottery last year and had to attend a different charter for a year) Braden was worried about going all day and bullies (not sure where the bully concern came from.) After some nice blessings from dad all three of us felt better about starting the school year.


Amalyssa of course made a good friend the first day and was really excited about all the fun things this charter school offers the students. Braden didn't get bullied and found that a full day wasn't much harder than a half day. I found out that my days are just as packed and busy as they were before if not more so (no sloppy couch sitting for me- semi sad face).  We are all doing well and adjusting to the new pace of life. Things are good and we all are happy. For now we'll take it and move forward with smiles!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Yippie! I'm happy you posted on your blog- I enjoy reading it and seeing the pictures! =)