Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back from NY city!!!

We are back from our FUN trip to NY city! We had such a great time!! I have taken about 2 hours getting my favorite pictures together in a slide show for you!

THANK YOU MOM AND GRANDMA! They were so kind and watched the kids for us so Scott and I could have a fun mom and dad trip!

I think I will let the pictures do most of the talking (especially since I have taken 2 hours of my day already on this!) But just a fast run down of the trip for you!

Day 1. flew in and had just enough time to check into our Hotel before dinner. Se stayed in the Desmond Tutu Center. VERY BEAUTIFUL! It is a seminary that they have opened part of it up as a hotel! We had dinner with the other employees on Times Square and then walked around after dinner. I have seen Times Square a hundred times in the movies... but it was JAW DROPPING! No amount of pictures can do it justice!

Day 2. Scott had to go into the office along with some of the other employees so I spent the day with two of the 'office wifes'. we had a BLAST!!! We spent the whole day seeing sights on 5th avenue! Shopping at street vendors was fun too! We went into Versace... and felt like the BIGGEST RED NECKS!! HAHA. A scarf was only $350!!!! We saw the public library, St Patrick's Cathedral, Tiffany's, FAO Swartz, the Plaza Hotel, and ate at Micky Mantels sports bar! (we even got to sit in HIS booth! It had a sign saying that it was the booth where he always sat!). We were SO worn out by the end of the day! Had dinner at an all you can eat Sushi bar and YES I had SUSHI! I even liked it.... a little... lol. After dinner we went to Grand Central Station.

Day 3. All the employees has to go into the NY office today so there were 7 of us 'wifes' that went out together for the day! We walked around HALF of Central Park... talk about a big park!!! Then we ate lunch at Serendipity (yes, the one in the movie Serendipity!) that was a really fun girls activity! After that we took the subway to the Ferry. We saw that Statue of liberty and NY sky line from the ferry. That night was Scotts office party. I was SOOOO TIRED by then! It was still a nice evening even though my heels were KILLING me!! Scott won an award for the second year in a row which was really fun!

Day 4. this was the day that Scott and I got to spend together. I was SO TIRED thought that I let him set the pace and choose the activities. We went to Ripley's Believe it or Not on Times Square. That was REALLY fun and we both liked it a lot! After that I took him to FAO Swartz. Then he took me to Carnegie Deli for some YUMMY NY cheese cake! We came back to the Hotel at about 3:00 for a nap and the plan was to go to the top of the Rockefeller Center later that evening... but we both crashed so hard we didn't wake up in time. lol.

Day 5. Our flight left EARLY in the morning... (we had to leave the hotel at 5:00 NY time - 3:00 am our time) The flight was nice and uneventful and we spent the rest of the day sleeping in our OWN bed!!! My Dad was kind enough to bring the kids back from Idaho for us that night.

The trip was totally amazing and I took a TON of pictures!!! I had SUCH a great time! I hope I get to go back to NY some day! Which is really saying a lot since that was one city I never cared to visit, and now I want to go back!!!!!!


9 comments:

Lisa Joy said...

Sounds like you had a great trip.

Andrea said...

Sounds like a fun & busy trip! LOVE your picture slideshow!! Everything looks AMAZING!!! I'd love to visit NY sometime!

Lynn said...

Loved the slide show, looks like you had lots of fun in NY!

Kim B said...

OOOh girl, you look like you had a BALL!! I wanna go tooo- lol
Well at least I'm getting a look through your eyes- LOVE the photo slides! And you stayed at the Desmond Tutu centre too! Hee hee- a little bit of South Africa there too! wooohooo!
Thanks for sharing girl!

Luisa said...

Love the slide!! Sounds so much fun!! And looks beautiful too, great pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I'm the general manager at Ripley's in Times Square. Glad you visited us and had a good time.

Come back and visit us next time you're here.

Michael

Laura Jansson said...

Hey Tina--hope you don't mind, I found your blog through Laura Carlston. :) I can't believe how big and cute your kids are getting! Holy cow. :) Looks like you guys are having fun and doing great. -- Laura Jansson

Marie said...

What is up with the general managers, owners, and banks that leave comments on your blog??? That is crazy! Great slide show though, it looks like you were really putting on a performance with the big piano! Next time we should go with you.... and then to Boston too... because I know you would love it!!!

kieran said...

It sounds like New York was a blast, it makes me want to take a trip. Love your blog, hope everything goes well for Amalyssa today at school on her first day.