Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First day of Kindergarten!

YIKES!!!! It is finally here.... the day every mother looks forward to... and dreads!!!! LOL. Today was Amalyssa's first day of kindergarten!! What a fun day it was!!! I didn't even cry!

Amalyssa was of course totally excited for school. She is such a social bug that she wasn't even a bit nervous! She bounded into my room 45 min early this morning all sunshine and smiles to tell me it was morning and time for kindergarten!

On Friday she had an evaluation thing with her teacher and afterwards we went out school shopping! Amalyssa LOVED getting several new outfits and hair things! What did I get? LOTS to read... yeah me! I want new clothes! LOL

Sunday I had a minor break down! At the evaluation Amalyssa had been given a paper doll to decorate. Sunday morning we started on the project and Amalyssa went to town! She LOVED it and did it all herself! It was a rude reality check that she is going to be in school... and she really is ready for it! So I snuck in the other room and shed a few tears..... then I was fine! LOL

Today when Braden and I dropped her off I wasn't sad at all! (mostly because I was to tired! lol) She ran off to the play ground and hardly looked back! When I picked her up she was all smiles! She had a great time. Her only complaint was that there are only 2 other girls in her class (yeah... really!) and she had to sit at a table with 2 boys! LOL... she didn't like that at all! (myself I feel bad for the poor teacher!)
Here are some pictures of the first day outfit and hair do! Amalyssa is such a princess!




4 comments:

Laura said...

She looks absolutely adorable! Great job on the hair ... I'm going to have to learn that sooner than later!

Marie said...

You are so good at doing hair! Amalyssa looks very cute! Hope kindergarten is going good!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I can't believe she's in kindergarten! :)

Amanda, Jack, Corban, Gabe, Chloe, and Rigby said...

Ohhhh...I thought I was going to be the first one to mention the hair...oh well I'll say it anyway because it's coming from me so I hope you are happy with the third hair comment: CUte Job!! I'm so pleased! she's such a girly girl how much fun! and it's okay that you cried a bit-totally normal :)