Monday, September 8, 2008

Bravest day of my LIFE!

Ok... so today was the bravest day of my life!! I am really going crazy with the heebie geebbies now though!

So I wake up this morning... nice day.... lots to do..... getting ready to get the day started..... and THEN I saw THIS!



This sucker was RIGHT outside my window!!!!! AAAACKKKK!!! He was HUGE!! BIGGEST spider I have EVER seen (and I hope I NEVER see another one!) He was just hanging out there about a foot out my window. I was totaly freaking out!!! I couldn't stand to have it there.... just staring in my house, but it was an even WORSE thought that it might MOVE.... then I would not know if it had moved in with us!!! After calling my landlord... who wasn't home... and asking several friends for advice (more like having a panick attack on the phone a few times) I finaly decided that either the spider or I had to go! Scotts advice to me was to burn the house down and hope it burned with it! LOL.... but I don't think the landlord would have liked that too much. Amalyssa could see how freaked out I was over the spider and apperently thought it was FUNNY! She started refering to the spider as 'mommys pet'! She kept saying... thats your new pet mommy! Then she would crack up when I shivered convulsivly and said said "NO IT IS NOT!" She was having a great time.

Soooo.... I gathered up EVERY BIT of courage that I have in my physical being. I put on LONG pants... THICK socks and the BIGGEST smashiest shoes I could find! (I would have given anything for a full bee keepers suit!) and I went outside to face my foe! The picture was taken through the window.... I couldnt bring my self to take a picture out side... I just wanted it OVER with!!!

I went outside and got the longest stick I could find...but 3 feet wasnt longenough. I found a pole!!!!! A large metal pole about 5 feet long and figured that would have to do. (to say I didn't want to touch it with a 10 ft pole would have been NO exaguration.... but I did with what I had) After taking a DEEP breath and a little mental pep talk.... I used the pole to swipe the sucker from his high post. Once on the ground he started to run! I had no time left to be scared... I JUMPED on him!!!! Like 5 times!!!! Guts EVERYWHERE!!!! I smashed that sucker untill he was good and DEAD!!! I then had to come inside and spend a good half hour recovering from the overload of adrenaline!!!

I was panting harder than I EVER have in my life!!! I was shaking like no bodys bussiness. I almost passed out! Seriously.... I am not sure I wasnt in better physical condition after 14 hours of labor! I would do labor and the 9 months in a heart beat before I ever had to do that again!

After taking a while to get my nerves back under control I went out and took a smashed picture of my 'pet'. I took another wave of courage to put the quarter next to his remains.... I couldn't make myself put it any closer!!!! LOL



I think I deserve something special don't you!???? I am going with the Artic Circle theme I think. "Face your biggest fear today? REWARD YOURSELF!" I am thinking skipping house work and going to the craft store sounds pretty good!

Now... for something a little less creapy to look at.... I got another pair of shoes!!! They were CUTE, COMFORTABLE... and only..... (drumroll please....) $3!!!!! WOOT! Who WOULDN'T buy them!



And just to clarify for Kieran... I do have a much larger variety... LOL. These are just my sandals.... I am fairly new to the shoe addiction so my collection isn't vast yet... but it is getting there! LOL

Leave me comments and tell me how brave I was today! I am seriously still freaking out! Even the fly's are making me jump today!!!

5 comments:

Marie said...

Now I have the creepie jeebies. That quarter picture was pretty cool.... as a picture- but not in real life! eeks! You deserve a new pair of shoes!!!!

Laura said...

Ew! I've already had the creepie jeebies today because I saw a mouse scurrying outside my house today ... EEWWWW! So I PRAY that it doesn't come inside. I think you are one brave woman for actually killing it - I think I would have locked myself inside until Mike could kill it ...

Jodi Loveland said...

You go girl! Great accomplishment! It's amazing what a women/mother can do when she has to!
Have you ever seen the pictures of our spider "friends" in Oklahoma? We had one that lived in our garden that was about the size of the palm of my hand. But that wasn't as bad as the turantula (sp?)on our window that was as big as my hand. EEAK!!

kieran said...

Tina you were brave I was itching while reading the whole post. I was hoping I didn't see anything that big at my house. I do exactly the same thing as you when killing a spider(any size). It is something you have to gear up for. I commend you, and you deserve that pair of shoes no matter how much they cost. But
$3.oo is always justifiable.

PorterFamily said...

Wow Tina... wow.. you are a brave soul to do that. I always make Jason kill the bugs in our path because I couldn't stand to look at them let alone TOUCH them or come close to. That is by far the biggest spider I have seen next to a triachula (sp). Whew... I couldn't do what you just did. Props for you. :D