Forgive me if this post is full of typos, spelling errors, and random disconnected thoughts! lol. I am tired tonight but I am suddenly in the mood to blog! I don't even have pictures this time! WEIRD!
Amalyssa went to a friends birthday party last Saturday and came home with a frisbee. (ok... apperenly Frisbee is a company.... so it wants me to capitalize it... but this leaves me wondering... what is the name of 'frisbee's' not made by the Frisbee company??? hmmm... like Kleenex and tissues... what is the generic name for Frisbee?) (see... random and disjointed... I warned you!) Anyway... back to the generic brand frisbee! I didn't think much about it when Amalyssa brought it home... but it has quickly become our favorite family past time! Braden is a frisbee addict! I have to hide it or he will throw it around the house! Almost every night this week we have all gone out to the back yard and had a great time playing frisbee! Scott loves teaching Amalyssa how to throw and catch it. The kids get a kick out of dad throwing it as far as he can and then they chase after it. Scott and I have even enjoyed just tossing it back and forth while the kids are distracted. Who knew such a common toy would bring so much family time to our home! Even Braden has learned how to throw it pretty well! He figured out his own way of course (I just know he is going to be our little sports star some day!)
(p.s. The name Frisbee is a registered trademark of the Wham-O toy company, but is often used generically to describe all flying discs.- so there you have it... the appropriate term for what we have is a flying disk! gotta love Wikipedia!)
Second on my mind for blog ramblings. We went bowling tonight for a family treat. It was a lot of fun! The kids LOVE bowling! Braden can hardly sit still until it is his turn again!! He is so cute, we get the ramp and the bumpers up for he an Amalyssa. Tonight he would roll the ball down the ramp and then watch in anticipated silence as the ball rolled toward the pins. He would get excited no matter what happened but when he would knock down most of the pins he would cover his eyes like he was in dis-believe or something! It was pretty cute. I had a great time watching the kids... but my game did not go so well! I think I got a gutter ball at least every frame. Scott and Braden both broke 100 and Amalyssa was close behind in the 90's.... mom.... I got like 50 or 60... bluck.. lol. My bowling arm had definitely changed into a mopping/toilet scrubbing arm!
It will be a while before I go bowling again though. Not just because of my lovely high score. As we were leaving I took Amalyssa for a potty stop. There were some other girls in there... maybe 12 and 13. As I am waiting for Amalyssa to get finished the girl waiting says "Hurry... its your turn!" the girl in the stall says... "ok I am coming"... She runs out of the stall an through the door without so much as LOOKING at the sink!! Suddenly I looked down at my hands that had been all over several bowling balls in the last hour... and I wanted to SCRUB them with LYSOL!!! EEEEEWWWW!!!! It was a realization that I have never quite had before... now I think I will be steering clear of the bowling alley for a while... and when I do go back... I am taking a gallon of Purell!!!!!
Well, that is all of my randomness for one night I suppose. Oh check out my new blog links in my side bar! I have found some fun crafty blogs that I am now addicted to and wanted to share! LOL. Mel Stampz is my favorite because it has a HUGE link list down the side of crafty blogs! I go there first then randomly click till my crafty head explodes!
Fireworks
7 years ago
2 comments:
I hope I'm not around to see it when your crafty head explodes, that could be trumatic. The only tip I can give you for the bowling ally is Lysol disenfectant spray.... it brings me comfort. =)
I loved your random post. I thought it was fabulous. I love bowling still! (ever since I got to go bowling with a bunch of College Girls!! ;) ) what a good cousin you are! I vote we do a fam night together when we get all moved. ps. I may need help with an online invite miss crafty. I haven't gotten around to finishing the invites and they need to go out this week. email me if you're up for making one that I can send via email. thanks!!!
Post a Comment