Last night I found my salvation, in more than one way! GREAT chore charts AND motivation in one web space!!!!! AND IT'S FREE!!!
http://www.handipoints.com/
Just thought I would share it in case any of you ladies have the same 'chore chart' issues that I have! lol (you are perfect moms so you probably don't!)
This has EASY chore charts and an extensive pre-made list of home chores, hygiene, behavior, and school related 'chores'. You ALSO have the option to add your own items! You can pick and choose to your hearts content! Keep track of it on-line or print it out to track with pen.
The motivation part.... an MMO (massively multi-player online game) for kids! It is this fun little cat world. They earn points by doing their chores and then they can use the points to buy things for their cat or do activities in the MMO! Amalyssa is TRILLED to have a cat of her own! Since she is only 5 I am not sure how much she will really get into the game but there are other ways to use the points as incentive as well! You can set a goal for a certain number of points and then they get a physical reward that you can set. This site looks awesome so far and has a lot to offer! The only down side I have found so far is the keys. To get certain things in the cat world they have to have keys which mom and dad have to pay for on Amazon. The balancing side to this is that you can set it up so they have to earn points for mom and dad to shell out the cash for the keys. I think we are just going to pass on the keys since I don't really see Amalyssa getting to much into the game. We will probably set a point allowance or something for her. Like 1 point = 1 penny. She has a thing for getting REAL money and SPENDING it! (OIY).
Anyway... thought I would share since I am ecstatic I found this site!!! I think I might even set up a chore chart for mommy! LOL... maybe then Scott could see how much I really DO vacuum the floor!!! (and I confess I was playing as Braden's cat last night! lol)
Thought I would throw this picture up too. Braden was sitting like this mimicking daddy last night. I ran to get my camera... knowing full well he would move before I got back... which he did... but as soon as he saw the camera he settled back into his pose for mommy! LOL... are my kids camera trained or what!?
No comments:
Post a Comment