WE ARE BUYING A HOUSE!!!!!! I wish I could say that we had BOUGHT a house... that was the original plan. We were going to wait until all the T's were crossed and I's dotted and the key was in our hand.... but fate would have things a bit different. I will explain in a minute.... but FIRST...... Wanna see some PICTURES!???
Here is the main front view of the house!

This is the family room! A HUGE selling point for us!

This is the 'deckebo' LOL. It is the attached gazebo the size of a deck... so I lovingly have titled it the deckebo

Marie calls this my Mormon Green Kitchen (or something)
I had to throw this pic in so you werent all TOO jelouse of our lovely house! lol
I had to throw this pic in so you werent all TOO jelouse of our lovely house! lol

So there it is! Now don't feel bad if you didn't know we were looking at houses! This has been a QUICK development in our life and we have kept it on the down low.
here is the gist of the story. Scott and I have looked for a house twice before. Both times ended in frustration and dissapointment. We werent really sure we were ready for another major disappointment. But everyone is saying how great the market is now and the whole tax credit thing..... So we decided to give it a half hearted shot. We met with a relator on Friday Sept 17th. That folowing monday we started to look at houses. We saw several scary or tiny ones that week. On Saturday the 25th we set out yet again to look at some homes. I personaly was to the point that I decided this was not the right time and we werent going to find anything. Well the first home we looked at on Saturday.... in short... is pictured above! lol. It SCREAMED 'US'. It was just exactly what we had wanted minus a few minor things. I wanted to run to the relators office right then and write up an offer...... but mark (our relator) and Scott persuaded me to see the rest of the homes we had lined up for the day. Each one just made me more sure that the first one was for us! After looking through the homes on our list we went back for one final look at the 'perfect' house... the one that felt like home from the minute I steped in the front door. We did a bit of discussion and some closer looking and then asked if Mark had time to write up an offer that night. We went to his office and wrote out our offer while the kids drew pictures of 'our new house'. We knew there was a good chance there would be another offer on the house so I tried not to get my heart set on it (in fact in a way I am STILL trying not to have my heart set on it... but it is getting increasingly harder not to!). After filling out the offer we went straigt to Amanda and Jacks house warming party!!!! LOL. Amanda..... I can't tell you HOW HARD it was to keep my MOUTH SHUT!!!!! UGH! I wanted to tell SO BAD. But at that point we hadnt even heard back from the seller. Mark called us that night and gave us the good news that there were no other offers on the house and we had a verbal acceptance on the offer, but it was still 'on the market' untill paper work was signed the next day. I did not sleep AT ALL that night!!!!
The next morning Mark called to congragulate us and let us know that we were officialy under contract on the house!!! Since then things have just FLOWN! (Andrea- last sunday when Amalyssa said we were moving... and you asked her when we were moving with a distinct question to me in your voice... I am SORRY I couldnt say anything! I just about had to SWALLOW my tounge!!... luckily you asked WHEN we were moving... and I still didn't know! LOL) On monday the 27th we had the inspector out to the house and the inspection went exceptionaly well. The loan is going through underwriting and looks to be great. The aprasial was done this week also. So far things are running very smoothly!! I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that posting this wont JINX us!!! It is in the Lords hands... and I know that with all my heart, so I know what is best for us will happen..... but I can't help but worry a little! lol.
Wow.... that was a much longer ramble than I had expected to write! But after all... this has truly become my 'public' journal so I don't want to leave any thoughts or feelings out! lol
Now for the last part of my story- as pertaining to WHY I am spilling the beans before we have the key (as we had planned on doing) Yes - it was KILLING me to keep it a secret... but that is NOT the reason I have been given permision to blog about our life changing event.
We are set to close just before our trip to Jamaica. Neither of us wanted to be in Jamaica and worrying about a house deal going through or falling apart. The plan was to get the key - go to Jamaica -then move in the next month. Our lovely landlord however decided that we have to pay a full months rent if we are here even one day of the month..... SOOOOOO...... we get to move much MUCH sooner than anticipated and we will be begging for help! lol. So watch your e-mail for a moving party invitation if you live close!!!! lol.
OK- I think I have said just about all I was going to say and then some!!!!!! Hugs to you all for your love and support and for reading my blog!
p.s. if you missed my scary halloween story you need to read my last post! :) wouldnt want anyone to miss out!
7 comments:
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Congratulations, girlfriend!! *again* ;)
This is just about the cutest little house I've seen in a long time... in spite of the greenish kitchen... which ain't all that bad anyway! LOL!
I expect pics of the vacation! JAMAICA MON!! You go, girl!!
LOVE YA!! {{HUGZ}} :D
OOOO YAY!!!! I'm so thrilled for you guys!!! I don't know how you kept your mouth shut at the party either! way to be a toughy! any who WHERE IS IT??? this is an important tid bit to know you silly. when is jamaica? When is the moving party? Maybe I can bring a big sandwich for everyone- as long as lifting isn't involved I'm in.
ps I forgot- we need to do an ikea trip because they have all sorts of colors of counter tops {some similar to your beautiful green ones ;) } We can get kitchen ideas together!
Tina, I am so excited for you guys! Yeah! I'm dieing to know where it is? Does it have a basement? How many bedrooms? Bathrooms? Give me the details! Love ya!
Tina,
I am so excited for you! Don't feel bad at all about Sunday. I want details though. Just let us know when you need help moving, and we will be there. (okay, maybe just Brandon, but you know what I mean!)
Congratulations!! I'm SO excited for you guys! Home ownership is great - you can actually take pride in the improvements you make. And what an interesting kitchen ... sure wish we could help you move!
You are my "Magna Mormon Green Kitchen Cookin' Sister!" That is how it goes.....! To bad I'll be missing that moving party.... sorry. =(
Post a Comment