Re-introducing
Sadie and Jewel

We finally changed their names! We decided we just couldn't live with the names Irene and Ivette (yes the name was really spelled that way... weird.. I know)
Sadie got her name first. Scott really wanted to call her Spaz... but I just couldn't agree with that one. We came upon Sadie and both thought that it fit her well.
Sadie's personality is really fun. She is TOTALLY lovey! When she wants loves the motor comes on and she is in your face! No really... she is IN YOUR FACE! She really likes faces for some reason. She will climb right up by your head and curl up purring in your ear. She is also our adventure cat. Sadie likes to run and play and try to sneak outside when you aren't looking. (nope, they are not allowed outside.... but Sadie doesn't agree with that rule). Sadie is very much the dominant cat. She gets her way while Jewel hangs back and patiently waits her turn. Sadie has been known to hiss and growl if she thinks you are too close to her food or her toy.... a bit on the greedy side really. The last trait that I think is 'fun' about Sadie is that she loves to climb.... but not just anything... PEOPLE! Mostly me... actually. If I am cooking on the counter she will try to claw her way up my jeans to see what I am doing. She has come up my back several times while we are sitting at the dinner table. Usually I see it coming and can stop her... but sometimes she comes out of nowhere and surprises my tender flesh with her claws. Though she can be a real pill sometimes she is a fun cat to have and we love her quirks.
Sadie got her name first. Scott really wanted to call her Spaz... but I just couldn't agree with that one. We came upon Sadie and both thought that it fit her well.
Sadie's personality is really fun. She is TOTALLY lovey! When she wants loves the motor comes on and she is in your face! No really... she is IN YOUR FACE! She really likes faces for some reason. She will climb right up by your head and curl up purring in your ear. She is also our adventure cat. Sadie likes to run and play and try to sneak outside when you aren't looking. (nope, they are not allowed outside.... but Sadie doesn't agree with that rule). Sadie is very much the dominant cat. She gets her way while Jewel hangs back and patiently waits her turn. Sadie has been known to hiss and growl if she thinks you are too close to her food or her toy.... a bit on the greedy side really. The last trait that I think is 'fun' about Sadie is that she loves to climb.... but not just anything... PEOPLE! Mostly me... actually. If I am cooking on the counter she will try to claw her way up my jeans to see what I am doing. She has come up my back several times while we are sitting at the dinner table. Usually I see it coming and can stop her... but sometimes she comes out of nowhere and surprises my tender flesh with her claws. Though she can be a real pill sometimes she is a fun cat to have and we love her quirks.

Jewel was a bit more difficult to name... ok... A LOT more difficult to name. She was 'my' cat. The cat that I fell in love with. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her markings! Her cute ears.. her white tiped tail, and the patches of tan on her back. She is my beauty queen. I wanted to find the perfect name for her. I searched the internet hours a day for an entire week! (yes really... lame... I know). It was so wierd... I felt like I knew her name... like there was one perfect name out there just waiting. It was kindof like if you have forgoten someones name and you are trying to remember it. It is there... on the tip of your toung.... you KNOW that if you heard it you would remember... but you just CAN'T remember! UGH... it bugged me ALL week... probably will bug me for the rest of my life... because I never 'remembered' the perfect name. Finally on Saturday... one whole week after bringing her home, she got her name. Amalyssa decided she should be names Jewels. Amalyssa had MANY names for both the cats... but they changed every few minutes and mom and dad didn't care for most of them (fluffy and princess particularly). Well Amalyssa called her Jewel all day... and by the night I was calling her Jules. So it stuck... and that is her name. Jewel with a nick name Jules. (p.s. my scrapbook page only has a fraction of the names I tried on this poor kitty....)
Jules is a quiet cat who likes to sleep in hidden corners. She really stands back and lets Sadie take center stage. I love that about her though. There is something so mature and sweet about the way she does it. Not shy or afraid of people really... just very content to be herself. She can get lovey sometimes but not nearly as much as Sadie. She is my regal queen. My sweet beauty queen. (can you tell I really love this cat!)

2 comments:
Great pick of names! I like the name Jewel, and I think the nick name is even prettier! Although, calling Jules "no name cat" would have been pretty neat too!
The cats are so cute. I'm glad you found names that you like. They fit.
Post a Comment