Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cake and insanity..... mix quite well acctually.

So most of you know how crazy I have been running this week. Lot's and lots and lots going on. I will blog all about the party's and fun a bit later..... well .... at least I will put pictures up... hopefully I will have a few seconds to add some words. lol.

Oiy... not doing so well with the words tonight.... Maybe because I just watched a long and boring mostly pointless movie... so that is now the mode my brain is stuck in... not sure. At any rate...

I just hopped on to show you a quick picture of the cake I did for Amalyssa's b-day party. This girl is so creative I can hardly keep up! She came up with the idea for the cake all by herself! SERIOUSLY... I didn't offer suggestions... she didn't look at cake pictures... she just invented this in her head and told me what she wanted. I filled as many of her requests as I could. She wanted a 3 tiered round cake. The bottom two layers were to be blue for the ocean and underwater. The top tier was to be an island. She wanted her Polly Pocket dolls used in the cake with frosting mermaid tails (since the whole theme of the party was mermaid's)

I ask you.... what other 6 yr old could concoct such a vision out of thin air?? I think I have a visionary on my hands! At any rate here is what I conjured up to fill her wishes... what do you think!?


On a side note I ate a chicken heart for dinner tonight! Guess what.... It tasted like CHICKEN! haha... that was my birthday dare to myself.

Oh and P.S. since some have asked... yes I am TS-studio. I made the ensignia to go on some of my more profetional pictures that I place up on the web. Just an FYI.

4 comments:

NOne said...

Dear "Plain old me"

Get a new adjective, if you're plain, I'm not a Texan, so there.

Long time no see or hear from. Me, not you. Go figure out that remark.

rockncedarranch@yahoo.com

jameskathy.blogspot.com (Your cousins, no less)

sweets said...

I Love it. The cake turned out great. you are so good. I love the mermaids. good job.

Marie said...

What??? Why did you get the cake decorating skills? I'm never putting up one of my pathetic cakes again. I am very impressed with your seaweed! =)

Sorry I didn't call and wish you a happy birthday... I was stuck in the air over Utah. But lame excuse, anyway. I hope you had a really fun double birthday/anniversary week! I'll call you when I start controlling my own schedule again! =)

Katie said...

The cake is cute. Amalyssa had a great idea.