My friend got a new blog and I was helping her set it up.... that got me messing with my own! So here is my new look! I am happy with it for now....
Well it finally happened. My daughter finally figured out that scissors are good for more than just paper... they also cut HAIR! Gratefully she didn't use her own head to experiment on! I think daddy would have cried! It happened while I was taking one of my 'mommy naps' (which happen unfortunately often) Amalyssa is usually really good during my naps and Braden is almost always asleep before I take my naps. Well on.... hmm... lets see.... Friday.... Yes it was on Friday. I woke up from my 'mommy nap' and went in to find Amalyssa playing sweetly in the toy room. Nothing seemed amiss. But then I sat down on the floor... I noticed.... hair.... then more hair... then trails of hair leading to MORE HAIR! Amalyssa had decided that her barbies all needed hair cuts.... almost all 16 of them.....

Most of the barbies came out looking ok. Mostly she decided that bangs were not in fashion and chopped off all the bangs. This barbie got the worst (or best?) of her cutting efforts. Hard to see in the pictures... but there are quite a few 'layers' to this style.

I called my mother up to tell her my daughters new discovery. I knew that mom would particularly enjoy it because I had a fascination with scissors as well... (only I practiced on my sister and cousins.) It happened to be moms birthday and she thought that the story was a great birthday present..... She loves watching Marie and I go through the ills of parenthood.
5 comments:
Wow!!! Like mother like Daughter.
Ooo... those darn Mommy naps will get ya' every time. Nice page- I seriously thought I had clicked something wrong and didn't know who's page I was on. Maybe you can talk me through how to snazy up my page a bit.
ditto to the help! heaven knows mine has been due for a change for ooo....forever. anywho, I was all prepared to do a fixing cut when I read that the barbies were the ones that got it instead of her pretty long locks. phew. tell her nice work though! ha ha. very very cute page dear.
too funny! I'm just glad it wasn't her own. the barbies look... uh... great. :) LOL :) ...L.J.
The joys of parenthood, no? I'm sure I'll be there sooner than I'd like ... By the way, I love the new look!
Post a Comment